Sunday, October 7, 2007

rely on His grace

It is not the middle of the semester and everything is really going at a fast pace. Tests, quizzes, papers, speeches they're all just flyin at me more than ever before. For the beginning of this semester I had been struggling. Struggling with fear, worry, and guilt. I continued to reach back to this summer and see what God has done in my life, and I felt guilty because Im not growing at the same rate that i had been. A lot of it was just lack of discipline. Really until this week I haven't been consistent in my devotions and praying was a fun thing to do, but I rarely did it. I piled sin upon sin and felt terrible about it, because I wasn't giving them over to my Savior. Praise God He never gives up, and he has put incredible friends in my life to help make a difference. Matthew Hoskinson has been a great example and encouragement to me in my pursuit to follow the Lord. He continually urges me to rely on His grace and to find my satisfaction in Him. I covet your prayers, and I challenge you to follow the awesome example of Christ and rely on His grace.

2 comments:

Jason Harrison said...

Every morning that breaks there are mercies anew... I feel the same way about my semester (inconsistent devotions, unfocused prayer, etc.) I am thankful that God gives grace in the difficult things i.e. the Malibu broke down yesterday, but God graciously placed a dear friend at the scene who volunteered to fix the car by Wednesday. Incredible. Definitely not something I deserved. Thanks for the reminder.

Matthew Hoskinson said...

Whatever we have, we have by the mercy of God (2 Cor. 4.1). So we don't lose heart.

What an amazing God--that he would carry us by his grace even when we aren't relying on it.