Friday, August 3, 2007

endurance

God is teaching me how wonderful He is ,even through times of struggle. He teaches, pushes, and loves me even when I really dont pursue Him with all of my heart. My flesh wants to stay in my current state and quit my furtherance in Christ, but then He calls me and draws me to His word where i am renewed and refreshed in the Gospel. He wants me to praise Him throughout the storms of life and cling on to Him when all else around me is falling. What a great God!!! I am not worthy of His tender care and I really dont value His love as it is worth. Thankfully my state in Him does not have anything to do with my actions or what i think of Him. He loves me even when i have forsaken His name and done my own thing. I am constantly in need of forgiveness which He happily grants and restores me unto Himself again. I am called a Son of GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This truth both startles me and calls me to a life that is worthy of Him, and also excites me because I have The God of the universe on my side!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the testimony, adam. When i think about His great love, i know i am completely unworthy. He certainly doesn't love me because of anything i am; He loves me because of Who He is. And to think that the Almighty Creator of the universe drew me near to Himself, made me His child and a joint heir with the Holy Christ, and will love me eternally...i just don't get it. He is so very good.